20081213

LR/ACR Preset: Fuji Neopan 1600


LR Preset: Fuji Neopan 1600, originally uploaded by GrayImaging.

[Adobe Camera RAW presets added 01132009]

Finally I have a NEW preset available. Took me long enough. If you just discovered this blog, welcome. I hope you have enjoyed the presets release so far. Well on to tonight's ordeal.

A while back I asked for some suggestions for film preset releases. Stu requested some Fuji Neopan, so tonight I am releasing the first of that stock, Fuji Neopan 1600.

I am breaking my rules a bit here, but I am posting the 1600 and 400 speeds as separate preset collections. In the development process I found there to be a slight tonal difference between the two. So ISO 400 Neopan will be referred to as Fuji Neopan, and the 1600 variety is the one here, called Fuji Neopan 1600.

I like the actual film very much for its versatility and grain. This particular preset is good for high ISO images from DSLRs, as the noise in the image can be lightly cleaned up in Lightroom using the NR tools, and the remaining visible noise will show up as grain fairly true to the film.

Oh, get the preset HERE.

Now for bed,
Michael

PS: If you hadn't seen, I now have the domain www.lifeindigitalfilm.com. I think its sounds a lot better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Michael.

Will give this a go in a couple of days as getting ready for a photoshoot tomorrow and up to my eyes in panto photos at the moment. lol.

Makes total sense you split them as the 400 is quite different and also changes as you up rate it. The same as 1600 changes when pushed to 3200.

Amazes me the amount of people that do not know about this film but use high speed kodak and ilford. Just that this Fuji film blows the competition away in terms of sharpness and grain.

Stu