20081106

LR/ACR Preset: Kodak Copy Film


Kodak Copy Film Sample, originally uploaded by GrayImaging.

[Adobe Camera RAW presets added 01132009]

So after a bit of a battle with a cold, I'm back with my newest release. Today I bring an emulation of Kodak Copy Film. This was a film design primarily to reproduce continuous tone images, however was often used to make original images themselves.

I never got to personally play with this film, however the samples I studied in the emulation process impressed me. So I preset it to you HERE.

In the sample above, look closely in the image for the changes, they are very subtle. Maybe not the best image for a sample, but its already made, so I will leave it as it is. It is much more clear if you click on it and jump over to Flickr.

I hope you enjoy the preset. As always a readme text file is in the archive with more information on the film and my hints on how to tweak the preset for best results.

Also, unlike most of my other presets, this one does not adjust clarity. I felt being as it was a reproduction film that it would not be appropriate to induce clarity, so if the image looks soft, crank clarity up.

Until next time,
Michael W. Gray

PS: If you are on twitter and into photography please register yourself at the Twitterectory, a good resource for finding other in the same hobby/profession. If you already have, thanks...and follow me @mwgray!

No comments: