20090110

LR/ACR Preset: Polaroid 669


LR Preset: Polaroid 669, originally uploaded by GrayImaging.

[Adobe Camera RAW presets added 01132009]

Bonus Preset day! Today you can also enjoy my new Polaroid 669 preset, in 3 flavors, plain, warm and cold. The zip include the standard color-balanced preset, a warm toned preset, and a cool toned preset. The color casting was achieved via my normal method of split-toning. For a much more different approach try X=blog's version of Polaroid HERE also.

I assume you all know about 669 film, and if you don't, give it a Google. It's my bonus preset for the day, so I am making this short.

Get it HERE.

Until Next Time,
Michael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea for presets Michael. Will you try to do some of the other Polaroid range whilst it's available? The Fuji 3000 ISO B&W instant film might be an interesting one to try. Seems to be very popular with cinematographers at the moment although not sure why although even the spec of the film is fascinating. I will try to find out from a DOP friend why they like it so much.

Michael W. Gray said...

I am going to try to emulate anything I can physically get my hands on or anything that I have enough consistent quality photos that allow me to get a reasonable emulation from images only. I prefer the real materials, but sometimes that is not feasible, physically or economically. And it makes it a whole lot easier and more accurate if I have a full frame image of an x-rite or macbeth color check chart on any given film to be my starting point. Thats where this 669 came from, it was just a submitted scan of a check chart and a large amount of samples from the web. I only have 3 physical images at home made with 669, so the extra images were needed.

If you know of anyone that has film you would like to see emulated, or have a particular B&W film + developer favorite, capturing a frame with the check card and some real-world samples get me off to a great start on any film.

Micahel