20090122

LR/ACR Preset: Ilford Ortho+


LR/ACR Preset: Ilford Ortho+, originally uploaded by GrayImaging.

Next in my Ilford series is Ilford's orthochromatic, continuous tone copy film, Ilford Ortho+. Emulation made possible by my friend Jason Dhenning by capturing my Color Check card on a sheet of Ortho+ with his 8x10 camera.

Suffering from a migraine currently so I am not going to expand any further, save to say one thing. When using this, or my Kodak Copy Film preset, you can really manipulate the channel mixer. Normally I only recommend adjusting the Orange channel is skin looks bad, but on this preset you can go about +/- 10 units without completely blowing the emulation. I try to keep my total amount of adjustment to 15 cumulative units or less (does that make sense?) and I feel the emulation holds up.

Get it HERE.

Until next time,
Michael

No comments: