20090227

LR/ACR Preset: Maco IR

LR/ACR Preset: Maco IR

Today I bring you another attempt at simulating an infrared film. It is a fairly difficult task that cannot be done anywhere near as accurately as a normal B&W film. So when using my IR presets, keep in mind that you are not creating anything near what the actual film would create. I think I have the general feel of the film captured, however it is impossible for me to create a preset that can take a standard RAW file and give it an IR look.

However, if anyone has access to a IR-converted DSLR, and could send me some RAW files to test with, I should be able to work up a proper IR preset for use with IR modified camera RAW files. If you do, please contact me at michael@lifeindigitalfilm.com

Anyways, today I give to the world preset in the style of Maco IR. I can't really call it an emulation, but it has similar tonality and reacts to colors in a way that makes it kinda look IR. I hope you enjoy it and can find a use for it.







Don't forget to show LifeInDigitalFilm some love. Buy the Cold Storage collection, or even just donate a couple bucks. Every little bit puts more film in my hands, resulting in more presets. Find the buttons on the right side of the page.

A lot has been going on for LIDF lately, I have a few items in the works, so keep dropping by. New things are coming, I just can't say when yet.

Also, today is essentially the last day to make an entry into the Flickr Presetting Lightroom photo contest. Not alot of enteries, and there is a copy of HDRSoft's Photomatix Pro and 3 copies of my Cold Storage collection up for grabs. To enter you need to post an image to the group, with a title, preset used, and why it was used. the contest collection is small, so the odds of winning are pretty good. Jump over there to join in.

Until then,

Michael

No comments: